WELCOME TO THE KHK KINDNESS CORNER FOR ELEMENTARY AGE STUDENTS!
We at KHK believe that kids are never too young to spread kindness! A great place to start encouraging caring elementary school students to volunteer is by incorporating simple acts of kindness into your daily life. Check out some of our fun and easy kindness ideas here.
We are excited to expand Kids Helping Kids to younger ages, so that young leaders of the future can participate in age appropriate KHK projects. Kids participating in our elementary aged projects will be mentored by our KHK Ambassadors who know first hand how giving a little can make such a big impact! If you and your child(ren) are interested in hearing about our service opportunities for younger children, sign up for our monthly news blast here!
WHY THE KINDNESS CORNER?
Studies show that raising caring kids with social and emotional skills is just as important–if not more– as developing academic skills in having a successful life. Check out our collection of articles and resources below that support why we at KHK believe in the power of what kids can achieve by giving back!
- Practicing kindness can make you happier
- Kindness is contagious! A single, small act of kindness can encourage many more
- From childhood to adulthood, there are far reaching benefits to cultivating and practicing our compassion
- Kindness can even be linked to better health
- Social emotional programs have been shown to help students be less anxious, better behaved, more attentive and more independent — with greater leadership skills
- For children, practicing kindness has been shown to earn them increased well-being and peer acceptance
- Teaching children to be empathetic pays off academically, too! Students in schools with Social Emotional programs were found to have an 11 percentile point advantage on achievement tests compared to students in schools without such programs
- Witnessing human goodness creates a “moral elevation” in our bodies that inspires people to act altruistically